Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Introducing: Dalek Gan

     I mentioned briefly on Facebook that I had chosen a name for my Dalek, but I was waiting to disclose it. I wanted to live with it a bit and make sure that it fit well. I wanted something that sounded like it could fit with the names given by the Cult of Skaro in the new series, as my Dalek is one of the redesigned ones for the 2005 season. So, I started thinking about names awhile back, and before long one stuck in my head. The name itself comes from Stephen King's Dark Tower series, but I'm not attempting to draw any other inspiration from those books. I just thought the name sounded right for a Dalek. Caan, Sec, Jast, Thay and Gan. See?
     And so, I introduce Dalek Gan. But also, he'd like to say something. That's right, I have a quick sound bite of Dalek Gan in his own (read: my) voice. The modulator being completed, Gan is now able to express his intentions to the world. Listen here.
     That's about it for now, other than the fact that I have updated my hours on the right. And I also have found someone to borrow a trailer from (Aaron's dad in fact) in order to transport Gan from place to place as we work on him. I am still looking into a hitch receiver for the xA. I have researched it and it looks like the Dalek and trailer will be well under the xA's tow limit. I'll keep you posted on any new developments!

Stay Tuned!
-Scionic

No comments:

Post a Comment